Saturday, May 30, 2009

What you should be reading

(before this starts, let me just say: these aren't reviews but just short reccomendations. Full reviews will be posted later, if at all)
Pluto
by Naoki Urasawa: One of the best comic books I've ever read and I'm not a real reader of Manga or Science fition. With great charecterazation, Pluto is exciting, well written, beautifully drawn and just getting better with each volume.
A Drifting Life by Yoshihiro Tatsumi: I liked this book a lot and would recommend it highly for anyone interested in writing in any form.
Cecil And Jordan In New York by Gabrielle Bell: I enjoyed how this book distilled stories that could have filled full books of there own into short beutiful suggestions.
The Eternal Smile by Gene Luen Yang and Derek Kirk Kim: Three interesting (and well done) stories about fantasy and reality.

No comments: